Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tayven Started Kindergarten






Tayven started Kindergarten a week ago. In the parking lot on the way to class, he whispered to me nervously, "mom... I am so excited". Dax had a hard time moving away from the class as we waved good-bye. We fought back tears as he stood in line and walked into the room. I managed to keep myself together... but only until I got to the car and cried hard... really hard. I can't believe this day is here! It is a blessing to know he has been happily enjoying his class, his teacher Mrs. Hyatt and his buddy Drew ever since. We are excited and sad all at once. We pray that the Lord finds us faithful as we parent him through the public school system. This is a great opportunity for us to be plugged into our community- something we've been craving for a long time. Although its a temptation to want to keep Tayven close and protected, we are loving and anticipating more opportunity to talk to him about the world around him; teaching him how to grow, respond to others, learn with distractions around him, inneract with other children, submit to new authorities, etc. We hope pray that this is all done to the glory of God!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics :) Go Tayven go! We are so proud of you! Love, Aunt Erin and Uncle David

Moulton family said...

What a cutie!!! Colleen it makes me kind of choked up just looking at the pictures. We will be praying for you guys and this new phase of life.

Anonymous said...

I didn't get a chance to read anything the first time I viewed your blog. I too, fought back tears the first day of school, but for a different reason. We woke up, ate breakfast, had devotions, and I said..."Open your books to page..." See, it could be way worse! You could be homeschooling Dax, Harper, and Tayven and then you'd really have tears :) That should cheer you up. (Okay it's not that bad) Hey, I lost your email address and need it so I don't take up all your "comment" space on this blog. Also, is Tiff's husband an undercover agent of sort, because she never gives her email either. I love seeing pics of your family. Take care

Anonymous said...

Thinking about naming my son Tayven, baby boy due in June 2010. Thought about naming our first boy Tayven, my hubby won me over with the name Drake....so it is:) Just wondering how he/your family likes the name? Would you have done it any different?

Gina - St. George, Utah