Sunday, September 27, 2009

Daddy to the rescue!

Well... I'm a few weeks behind, but here is the first day of school. Dax was so excited to start Kindergarten. We talked about it all day, every day the last week of summer... and he loved his orientation! Then the first day came... and in typical Dax style, he became very nervous about venturing out into a new experience. I'm a sappy mom to begin with, so to have a sad child when I'm already fighting a huge lump in my throat was hard! If it wasn't for Josh we would have all sat there bawling all day and Dax would never have made it in. Fortunately Josh gave him a pep talk and reminded him to "trust in the Lord with all his heart..." Then off Dax went, tears disappearing, into one of the happiest places of his little life. As they grow, I get emotional about their new stages... but am trying to see my role and be the mom I am supposed to be! I sure love our boys and thank God that Dax loves Kindergarten so much! The pictures below summarize our day...


Tayven and Dax and their friends on the first day. Notice Dax's nervous face?


Look how happy he is! He loves his new backpack and new cubbie :-D



The reality set in as he stood at the back of the line... the tears started
(if you click on this picture you can see his sad face up close)


Josh gives Dax the pep talk he needs...


...and off he goes. What a cutie!!

7 comments:

Kevin said...

How fantastic! I viewed Daxon's first goal -- in World Cup competition I believe -- and then get to see his first day in Kinder. Life does not get anymore joyous than this. Thank you Lord!
Love,
Kevin -- Tayven, Daxon and Harper's proud grandfather

Lisa Rohde said...

Thanks for sharing this Colleen, he is darling. I think he looks just like you. You are a great mom.

Lisa Rohde said...

I guess since my name says mom and dad I should tell you that it is Lisa who just posted and again now:)

Sandhya said...

So sweet! Good job holding it together...it's hard to see them go and start off in his new career of school! Your boys seem so sweet and are just so adorable. Enjoy your school year!

David & Erin said...

These are great - what a brave little man. Go Dax - A moment of sadness, then on to an exciting new chapter! Going to Kinder is big time! We are so proud!!!

Love Aunt & Uncle

Sara said...

Yeah, Josh is "super cool"... or at least Tito thinks so (even though he "kept busting him up" last Friday night ;)...

So thankful for great dads. Your kids are blessed! :)

Love-Garates

Anonymous said...

Hi Colleen! Just wanted to say that I think you have the cutest gosh darn pics of your family and friends!! The boys look like they are just the best of friends!! It's been a pleasure hangin' at soccer stuff! Have a fabulous weekend!