Sunday, September 6, 2009

Summer 09!

Our summer flew by soooo fast that I forgot I even had a blog! We had a great time with lots of adventure. We started off the summer heading home down to the coast (pictures in my previous entry). For most of the summer, staying in Auburn allowed me to teach my private swim lessons... and even bring the boys along a few times. They were so proud of that responsibility and loved getting "lessons" from me as well. Harper finally became fully confident in the water! We enjoyed our church family camp to Donner Lake, some time in Tahoe, and quick trips to see family. We are looking forward to seeing the rest of the family in the next few months. Many of our days at home were spent at the river... we are so thankful to live minutes away from a beautiful adventurous area. I enjoy summer way too much and have a hard time adjusting back to the school year. I am learning to take each day at a time and be thankful for what God has given to me :)



Day trip to visit Great Grandma Millie


Josh takes the boys fishing at the end of our church family camp


Tayven and me at Moons Dunes Beach in Tahoe


Harper practicing his new swimming skills at the Truckee River


Our boys posing with the DeNeui kids... I told them to make a funny face :)


We got to see Uncle David and Aunt Erin in Santa Cruz


On the trail to our favorite river spot 5 minutes from home. We went there throughout the summer... and I took them there every single day the last week before school started :-o

2 comments:

Sandhya said...

I LOVE your summer pics! Looks like you had such a nice, relaxing time with the boys. Can't believe you have a fun river within 5 min of your home! How perfect for boys! Anyways, hope the begining of school goes great for you!!!

Erin & David said...

Such fun photos! We Loves Us Some Nephews! So glad you posted these :)